Specialized Interim Minister
Schoharie Reformed Church,
- Took a divided congregation, reduced anxiety and brought harmony.
- Strengthened lay leadership and assisted them to transition from a Pastor-centered
to a Consistory-centered Church
- Enabled them to choose a new model of ministry and develop a plan for implementing
- Empowered the Consistory to make organizational changes necessary to function as a
church including recovering their membership rolls.
- Empowered a search committee with a process to effectively decide what sort of
pastor they needed to call.
- Learned the difficulties of churches grieving long-term pastorates and of pastors
- Learned more about how to avoid entanglement with dysfunctional church systems.